The Lightner Museum offers a unique way for you to not only give back, but get involved in the community through adopting an artifact at the Lightner.
Meet Mercury, a magnificent but broken bronze statue. Our Winged Mercury, made circa 1890 has been stored away for over four decades due to the base (depicting Father Wind) being in desperate need of repair.
With this repair being made we can place him in a much more fitting setting such as one of the Lightner Museum’s grand courtyards. This would not only bring Mercury back to his former glory, but he would finally be out of storage and in the eyes of the public as originally intended.
Full sponsorship: $5000
- Credit on display with artifact and in registrar’s catalog
- Certificate of adoption, including a photo of the artifact with description
- Before and after digital images
- Social media postings and mention in museum blog
- Recognition in Director’s annual report
- Private viewing of artifact with Lightner Museum Curator
- Federal tax reduction