Join the Lightner Museum Team!
LIGHTNER MUSEUM FUNCTIONS MANAGER
The job of Functions Manager is to oversee the Museum’s “after hours” educational programs and act as a primary liaison between the Museum and its contracted event rental partner for weddings and corporate events. This is a full-time position that shall encompass the following tasks:
Museum Program Coordinator:
- Works with Education Department to coordinate all Museum event logistics, including set-up, event flow, and breakdown
- Communicates with vendors and contractors for events
- Works with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule volunteers for events
- Works with Communications Coordinator to draft event press releases and social media content
Wedding & Event Rental Liaison:
- Manages the Museum’s calendar of events and rentals
- Communicates daily with contracted partners to ensure smooth operations
- Coordinates with facilities maintenance staff to schedule cleaning post-event
- Arranges for security during events
- Acts as “Manager On Duty” on event days (evening and weekend availability required)
Candidates for the position should have previous event planning experience and possess a professional and genuine service driven character, along with the excellent communication skills necessary to correspond with Museum staff and multiple contractors.
A cover letter and resume should be sent to [email protected] for consideration. Please also include salary requirements and reference the position title in the subject line of the email.