Join the Lightner Museum Team!
LIGHTNER MUSEUM VOLUNTEER + MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
- Recruit volunteers through such means as attending appropriate fairs, visiting schools, senior citizen and other community groups, etc.
- Interview prospective volunteers and, with the assistance of other staff, assign volunteers to appropriate jobs within the organization.
- Train volunteer staff in customer service, policy and procedure, and arrange for other training with appropriate staff members. This includes training regarding the history of the Museum and its collection.
- Supervise volunteer staff.
- Schedule volunteer work; maintain volunteer records; and track volunteer hours.
- Assist other staff in determining volunteer staffing needs of the Museum.
- Work with management to develop strategies and programs to increase membership.
- Recruit new members through such means as attending appropriate fairs, visiting schools, senior citizen and other community groups, etc., soliciting coverage in various print and broadcast media, and ensuring membership opportunities at the Museum’s various public programs.
- Coordinate member trips, and when appropriate, lead or accompany members on such trips.
- Acknowledge new members, including distribution of member packets.
- Generate member invoices, and track receipt of dues paid.
- Schedules and participates in outreach opportunities that promote the Museum’s image in a positive light
- Uses outreach as an opportunity to build volunteerism and membership
- Attends community events and represents the Museum professionally
Safety & Accessibility Initiatives:
- Works with management to oversee upkeep of the Institutional Emergency Management Plan
- Includes coordinating annual staff and volunteer training
- Participates in continuing education opportunities
- Proposes visitor accessibility initiatives to management
B.A. in Liberal Arts, or equivalent. 1-2 years experience in a volunteer coordinator and/or volunteer capacity, including event organizing. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel. Familiarity with database software and membership-tracking software. A cover letter and resume should be sent to [email protected] for consideration. Please also include salary requirements and reference the position title in the subject line of the email.